Sailing LI Sound
Enjoy a unique sailing experience aboard Pure Joy…
the perfect place to unwind, relax and let the coast go by.
Pure Joy is located in Westbrook, Connecticut. We’re available for hourly, half and full day charters. Whether it’s a small family gathering, a romantic sunset sail, birthday, therapeutic sail, lessons or memorial at sea, Joy Ride Charters is here to make it possible. We’re committed to making your sailing experience a memorable one. Great for a special event or celebration or simply enjoy a unique sunset.
Sailing On Sale – Monday thru Thursday afternoons and evenings.
- Joyride Charters offers afternoon and sunset sails (approx. 2.5 hours long)
- $500 for the first 4 people. $95 each add’l person (weekends $550) add’l hour $125
- Includes unlimited bottled water and soda
- Feel free to bring your own beverages and snacks (please no red wine, greasy or messy foods)
- For an extra fee, Joy Ride Charters would be happy to provide food and beverages
- Our apologies, we do not have wheelchair access to our vessel. However, there are stairs to step aboard easily.
- Please, no red wine, black soled shoes or heels!
- A deposit is required in advance for all cruises. Venmo (@joysherman) or paypal. Balance should be cash, venmo or credit card(cc service fee add’l)
Sail with Joy
63 Pilot Points Dr.
To secure your reservation you must call or email Captain Joy, then make your deposit online.
Weather permitting. Bad weather? No worries, your deposit is fully refundable!
If you have never sailed before, this is your opportunity to learn. Before departing, we offer a short briefing on the basics of sailing. The rest of the day can be as interactive as you choose it to be. For the less energetic, this is a day to just lie back on one of our many cushioned mattresses. There is simply not a better way to take in the sun, sip an ice-cold beverage, and enjoy the sounds of the sea punctuated by the song of the wind and the billowing sails.
Before you cast off on your next sailing adventure, be sure to take a quick lesson on how to “talk like a sailor” at our Sailing Terminology page.
Pure Joy is a 1987 Catalina 36. She’s as comfortable down below as on deck, including two private staterooms, a main salon that seats 8 comfortably. Pure Joy has a wonderful galley for meal preparation and service. She is equipped with a full complement of safety, electronic navigation and communication devices.
Captain Joy has thousands of nautical miles under her belt. She spent her childhood sailing on Long Island Sound, and her father instilled in her an inspiration for boating and a respect for the sea. “There has never been a time in my life where boats were not part of it.”Joy has her USCG Master 100 ton license and maintains current certification in American Red Cross First Aid and Infant/Child/Adult CPR, US tow and sail endorsement and Life Raft certification.